LocationRemote / Ljubljana
We'll treat you well
- competitive payment,
- the possibility of continuous education and professional development – each employee has their own individual development plan,
- work with state-of-the-art cybersecurity technologies,
- access to the knowledge of the group within the Conscia Center of Excellence,
- employee benefits package
- an opportunity to establish yourself in an international, technologically advanced company.
- the largest SOC in Slovenia,
- the largest number of cybersecurity experts in a Slovenian SOC,
- 10 experts with the title of GIAC board member,
- partnerships with recognized vendors: MDR (Palo Alto Networks), MISA (Microsoft)
We provide our employees with excellent working conditions and offer:
About NIL's SOC:
Join the Biggest SOC in Slovenia!
NIL manages the biggest security operations center (SOC) in Slovenia, which ensures managed detection and response services for domestic and foreign organizations. As we protect more and more organizations, we are looking for a security analyst in the SOC department. Apply if IT security excites you, you know the attack trends, and want to actively participate in defending large IT systems.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
You will participate in the following activities:
- Monitoring the security state, events, and deviations from the normal state in clients’ IT environments,
- Managing medium-level issues and regular working tasks in the framework of SOC,
- Performing incident response by helping and escalating to higher tier SOC analysts,
- Helping in continuous process optimization (scenarios, processes, tools), analyses, and responding to security incidents,
- Preparing documents, reports, and other SOC service products,
- Helping set up, adjust, and optimize systems to manage security events (SIEM, SOAR),
- Proactively tracking the development of technologies and trends on a wider area of IT security and actively contributing to internally and externally raising awareness in this area,
- Readiness to work in multiple shifts.
Expected Knowledge and Competencies
We’re looking for candidates with the following knowledge and experience:
- Basic knowledge of IT and IT security areas,
- Basic knowledge of cyber threats and network, system, and application level attacks,
- Basic knowledge of key cyber defense mechanisms (firewalls, IPS, system strengthening, anti-malware systems, searching for vulnerabilities and fixing those, app security),
- The joy of working at a cybersecurity area,
- Being fluent in English,
- Adaptability, good communication skills, self-initiative at work, independence, reliability, responsibility, precision, and persistence.
Desired knowledge and competencies:
- Knowledge and management of Windows systems,
- Knowledge and management of IP networks (switching, routing, routing protocols, managing protocols),
- Knowledge of the Internet network (addressing, DNS, routing, traffic forwarding, app protocols),
- Knowledge and interpretation of data from IP network traffic analyzers,
- The ability to analyze data on syslog/event log and NetFlow level,
- Knowledge of correlation event technologies (i.e. SIEM systems),
- Experience with penetration testing or security app checks,
- At least 1 year of work experience,
- Or other relevant experience connected to cybersecurity.
Conditions of the Job
The contract will be signed for full-time and for a definite time period with a six-month probation period and the opportunity to prolong for an indefinite time.
More Info and Application
You can apply until December 31 2022 by filling out the form under this job post.
NIL Ltd. Is an internationally renowned provider of advanced data center, networking, cloud, and IT security solutions and services for both business and industrial environments, state administration, public institutions, and telecommunication service providers. We increase the value of business with our consulting services, managed services, system integration, and education. The success of our work is also seen in the business results, as there is a record of multi-year double digit growth of our business.
The company was founded in 1989, and today we are present all over the world. There are offices in the United Arab Emirates, South African republic, Morocco, USA, Canada, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Serbia, and Croatia. The headquarters are located in Slovenia, and together we employ over 180 individuals. NIL is part of the Conscia A/S group.