Hands-On Network Automation Workshop
Are you struggling to cope with repetitive daily network configuration or troubleshooting tasks? Wondering whether it makes sense to wait for SDN to materialize or forget the SDN hype and focus on something more practical and realistic like network automation? Do you want to know what can be automated in your network? Do you need to understand the network automation fundamentals to be able to recommend the way forward for your organization? Why not invest three days of your time to separate the reality from the hype and get real-life network automation guidelines and hands-on examples?
We'll focus on the advantages and pitfalls of network automation technologies and products, compare commercial and open-source products, and discuss potential use cases and real-life deployment scenarios.
Each day in this 3-day workshop is split into two parts:
- Theory mixed with hands-on examples in the mornings
- Practical examples and demos in the afternoons
The theory part of the workshop covers these topics:
- Network automation fundamentals
- Open-source network automation tools
- Data models
- Typical network automation use cases
The practical examples include:
- Generating and deploying device configurations
- Automating virtualized data center environments covering compute, storage, and networking virtualization
- Automated service provisioning
- What is network automation?
- Where does it make sense and where can you use it?
- From operated networks to self-driving networks
- Typical challenges and pitfalls
- Day 1 (Morning) – Network Automation Fundamentals
- Day 1 (Afternoon) – Automating Virtualized Environments
- Day 2 (Morning) – Open Source Network Automation Tools
- Day 2 (Afternoon) – Beyond a Single Data Center
- Day 3 (Morning) – Data Models and Use Cases
- Day 3 (Afternoon) – Data Model Based Orchestration System
Team behind the workshop
Ivan Pepelnjak, ipSpace
Ivan Pepelnjak (CCIE#1354 Emeritus) implemented his first network automation solution in the mid-1990s, presented SDN and Network Automation solutions at Interop, Troopers, RIPE and other regional ISP meetings, and delivered numerous on-site SDN and network automation workshops for large enterprises and service providers. Read Full Bio
Mitja Robas (CCIE #12907, VCIE-VN) is a data center expert with more than fifteen years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-demand data centers, and has deployed complex networks and virtualization solutions all over the world. Read Full Bio
Mitja Robas, IT Architect, NIL
Boštjan Šuštar, IT Architect, NIL
|Boštjan Šuštar (CCIE #2387) is a leading network orchestration and automation expert, primarily engaged in consulting projects on network services provisioning and network function virtualization in complex enterprise and carrier-grade networks. He also has extensive experience in network security and data center networking technologies. Read Full Bio