Network Function Virtualization (NFV) is the critical building block for developing a network that can deliver new service instances almost instantly. It introduces the benefits of virtualization into networking infrastructure, allowing you to run network services (such as routing, switching, firewalling, IPS/IDS, VPN, load balancing, etc.) within dynamically provisioned virtual machines (VMs). This separation of network function software from proprietary hardware reduces your CAPEX and if done properly your OPEX spending, as well as lower vendor dependency (lock-in). It not only allows you to achieve faster service instance provisioning but may also make service implementation faster with service modeling using YANG.
Optimize your network for speed and agility
In order to achieve these benefits, VMs still need to run on the IT infrastructure, you need a flexible management system for your infrastructure, the (cloud) infrastructure still needs some fundamental networking, and so on. NIL's understanding of the complexities of networking infrastructure and service interdependence is what makes us the perfect partner to support your successful NFV adoption, as well as other technologies such as SDN and automation, which will improve your network performance and deliver real business value.
ADD THE BENEFITS OF VIRTUALIZATION TO YOUR NETWORK
NFV allows you to achieve the same results with lower hardware expenditure, and helps you adopt the pay-as-you grow model.
Virtualization doesn't simply move costs around. It simplifies network management and lowers equipment energy and space requirements.
Faster time-to market
Reduced time to deploy new network functions means that your network can now deliver new services almost instantly, and better support evolving business services.
More flexibility and agility
NFV allows you to scale network services up or down to address changing business demands. Meet the needs of your customers, while optimizing associated costs.
Innovation to Cisco’s Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) Offers Service Providers Future Horizontal Scalability
Network Function Virtualization (NFV) technology to help enable service providers to manage more than one million devices in their network.
WITH YOU FROM PLANNING TO EXECUTION
- We assist with identifying the network aspects that would benefit from NFV
- We provide the requirements you need to fulfill before you should deploy NFV
- We implement NFV in your network environment
- We assist you with adjusting the complete network and IT environment for successful NFV adoption
- As NFV decouples software and hardware, we separate myths from reality and help you embrace NFV in a way that delivers real business value
- We don't focus only on NFV, but take into consideration the whole network environment and operational processes
- We have practical experiences with NFV deployments
- We build NFV solutions by working with leading vendors such as Cisco, F5, Sandvine, Palo Alto and VMware
BREAKING MYTHS: SDN AND NFV
For a long time now, the network has served as the foundation of business operations. As businesses grow, so do their networks, and IT administrators are now focusing their attention on programmability and automating routine tasks.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
Contact us, we'd love to hear any questions you might have.